Holy Cross Church is believed to have been founded in the year 1002 and celebrated 1,000 years of worship in 2002. The church was largely rebuilt in 1850 but still retains it’s medieval tower.
Most of the present church is Victorian but the tower dates from about 1350 and has six bells. Parts of the Saxon church are built into the north wall. The pulpit is Jacobean.
There is a graveyard where interments still take place.