Declarations of interests
All Parish Councillors are required by law to complete a register of interests form to register their disclosable pecuniary interests and other interests (including their spouses’ / partners’ interests). The interests that need to be declared include:
- Employment, office, trade, profession or vocation;
- Sponsorship – Payments or financial benefits made to them by a trade union or in connection with election or member expenses;
- Contracts with the authority for any goods or services received or works undertaken;
- Land in the Parish in which they have a beneficial interest;
- Licenses to occupy land in the Parish for a month or more;
- Tenancies where the landlord is the Council or the tenant is a body in which they have a beneficial interest;
- Beneficial interests in securities.
- Appointment to other bodies.
Details of the register of interest for each Parish Councillor are now available to view on the NEDDC website https://democracy.ne-derbyshire.gov.uk/mgParishCouncilDetails.aspx?bcr=1