The police website contains a lot of useful information about policing in Morton including:

Meet the local police team

Non-emergency phone number

The phone number for getting in touch with the police force about issues that do not need an emergency response is 101, which has replaced the former 0345 123 3333 non-emergency number.

By calling 101, you will be able to speak to the police force control room of your local police service. Calls from landlines and mobile networks cost 15 pence per call, no matter what time of day you call or how long you are on the phone (cost correct on 24/10/11).

You should use 101 to report crime and other concerns that do not require an emergency response. Examples given by the poilce are:

The 0345 123 3333 number will remain as a way for people to contact Derbyshire Constabulary from overseas and deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired callers can access the service via textphone on 18001 101.

South Eastern Safer Neighbourhood Team

The South Eastern Safer Neighbourhood Team website gives further information on local policing and local initiatives:

South Eastern Safer Neighbourhood Team website

Caught on camera

Safety advice

Information and advice from the police website

There’s a lot you can do to protect yourself from crime:

Things you can do to prevent burglary

Homes with no security measures in place are ten times more likely to be burgled than those with simple security measures. Good window locks and strong deadlocks can make a big difference. Find out more.

Staying safe from robbery

Robberies (including muggings, and snatch thefts) are crimes that often involve violence or threats. The chance that this will ever happen to you is quite small, but you should be aware of what you can do to keep yourself and your property safe. Find out more.

Keep your vehicle safe

The best way to protect your belongings is to lock your car whenever you leave it. Find out more.

Anti-social behaviour

Anti-social behaviour includes abusive or noisy neighbours, littering and graffiti. It doesn’t just make life unpleasant. It can ruin lives and make whole areas feel unsafe. Find out how to report it.

Help solve crimes – report it anonymously

If you have information about crime, you can call Crimestoppers anonymously and report it. Crimestoppers is an independent charity that helps to find criminals and solve crimes. Find out more.

Join your local Neighbourhood Watch group

Neighbourhood Watch is a great example of people taking joint responsibility to make their neighbourhoods safer. If you’re interested in joining your local Neighbourhood Watch team, but don’t know where to start, contact your local police station or neighbourhood policing team. You can also find lots more information on the Neighbourhood Watch website to help you get started. Find out more.

Community safety partnerships (CSPs)

There is a community safety partnership in your area. They are made up of the police and police authority, your local council, and the fire, health and probation services. Your CSP works with local organisations and communities to reduce crime, anti-social behaviour and drug use. Find out more.